Why Zombie Universe?

 

Why a universe of zombies? Simple. I really like zombies. I really like some of these zombies like you already know. "World War Z" is my favorite. "The Walking Dead" series were wonderful. I'm quite a fan of quite a few zombie-themed stories. One of my favorites was "We're Alive," an audio series.

When I was coming up with this book, I was inspired by my own TTRPG called "Survive." One of the game systems or stories in "Survive" is about zombies, called "Rampart." I thought it could be interesting to use the zombies from that game in my story.

In "Instincts of the Apocalypse, John," you encounter fewer zombies at first because I was more intrigued by the survival aspect. As the series progresses, especially in the second and third books, you will see and hear more about the zombies. These books focus more on the survivors than the zombies initially, but as the story develops, zombies will become more prominent.

What fascinated me about making a story with zombies was the concept of the undead and the living having to survive the consequences of a person who dies or is bitten. I've always dreamed of playing a necromancer in a tabletop game, and I actually created a necromancer class for fifth edition with a friend, which is awesome.

It's not that I like gore and death; it's the idea that the dead can be either helpful or dangerous to everyone that I find fascinating. In the universe of "Instincts of the Apocalypse," when you die and if you've been bitten, you become a danger to the living. This is the aspect I loved about including zombies in this apocalyptic world.

Comments

Popular Posts